Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Entry 15-Over?

Well, so maybe this blog is not quite finished. I put up my very long paper for everyone to read but I also wanted to inform people that I am going to be reading said paper at the Phi Alpha Theta Paper Conference this weekend. I also decided to submit it for possible publishing on Clio's Purple and Gold . That is an undergraduate history journal at the University of Washington that was started by members of the history honors society Phi Alpha Theta-Delta Iota chapter. Last year I got to be an editor and now I hope that my paper gets chosen to be included in it. Its a little odd because I know almost all the people who will be reading, editing, and formatting the journal but it should be alright. Apparently none of the people I know will be actually reading submissions.

I am also thinking of applying to the Library Research Award scholarship to the "Senior non-Thesis" category. I need to ask my professor if he would be able to and willing to "sponsor" my paper for this award. It is not a ridiculous amount of money but it would be a cool thing to have a on a resume and $1000 is not too shabby. Anyways I will hopefully e-mail him soon and have other positive things to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment