Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Entry 16 - Images

It probably seemed silly to most of you that I made an argument based on Art but, in fact, failed to put give access to what those works looked like. You can easily google Nahdet Misr and find the statue but other works are harder to find. After checking with some other people, who are students or photographers, I have decided to post the photos. Be warned:

I DO NOT OWN ANY OF THESE PHOTOS

So, please do not copy them without including the citation of the book(s) that they came from, which is why I included citations for the books that I scanned to obtain them. They are all slightly cropped from their initial versions because of problems with scanning. I will also immediately take them down if anyone who comes across this site, and knows more about copyright law than me, notifies me that I am doing something illegal. I am not getting any payment for these images and they are solely here to be used in tandem with my research paper, which was written to fulfill a class requirement and appears as another blog post farther down. Thank you.

Figure 1. First detail of Nahdet Misr (Painting) with two women pg 116, Said, Hamed. Contemporary Art in Egypt. Jugoslavija, 1964.

Figure 2. Second detail of Nahdet Misr (Painting) 3 dimensions of peasants Said, 117.

Figure 3. Third detail of Nahdet Misr (Painting) Isis, Said 118.

Figure 4. Fourth detail of Nahdet Misr (Painting) 3 dimensions of peasants, Said, 119.

Figure 5. Tears of Isis (Painting) Muhammad Nagi in Ostle, Robin “Modern Egyptian Renaissance Man” Bulletin of the School of Oriental and African Studies 57, no. 1 (1994):

Figure 6. Nahdet Misr, Mahmoud Mohktar, 16, Karnouk, Liliane Modern Egyptian Art 1910-2003. New York: The American University in Cairo Press 2005.

Figure 7. Isis (1929) Mahmoud Mohktar from 91 Sharouny, Sobhy. Memory of the nation: sculptor Mahmoud Mukhtar & his museum, 1891-1934, edited by Dr. Sobhy Sharouny, Cairo: Al-dar Al-masriah Al-lubnaniah, 2007.

Figure 8. Towards the River (1926~1929) Mahmoud Mohktar from71 Sharouny.

Figure 9. A Peasant Woman, Mahmoud Mohktar 9, Said.

No comments:

Post a Comment